Originally built in 1914, the home that now occupies 5589 Lawton Avenue was rebuilt just ten years ago, with an integral emphasis on craftsmanship, sustainability, and livability. Every aspect beyond the front steps was constructed as part of this undertaking, yet the elements that make up the home reveal storied dimensions, many appearing as if they might have inhabited this place for the past century. By virtue of the owner’s professional expertise in visual arts, it conveys a stylized earthy-elegant aesthetic, gives prominence to natural design components, and extends its living space, savoring its haven-like surroundings. Its serene indoor-outdoor environment offers the mecca of Rockridge within steps. Yet from the home, its cottage and luxuriant garden, one would have no awareness of the proximity to that hub.