- This event has passed.
Crab Cove Fish Festival
September 2, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pmFree
Join the East Bay Regional Park District for the annual Crab Cove Fish Festival in Alameda! Fun for the whole family, the EBRPD is hosting a full day of fish centric activities including games, crafts, education about sustainably fishing and more! Don’t know how to fish? No problem! Skilled fishermen and women will be in had to teach you everything you need to know. Don’t have a fishing license? You’re in luck! The event falls on a “no license needed” day! The day is broken down into segments starting at 10AM with the mobile fish exhibit. Learn all about the fish of the East Bay. See below for the Crab Cove Fish Festival full itinerary or visit their event page.
Fishing gear for the Crab Cove Fish Festival is provided by EBRPD. Participants hoping to fish will be taken in 30 minute increments and should sign up at the fishing trailer.
- 10am-3pm: Mobile Fish Exhibit – drop by to see the species of fish that live in the East Bay
- 11am-2pm: Behind the Scenes Aquarium Tour available every hour starting at 11AM and ending at 2PM. Meet at Crab Cove Visitor Center 1231 McKay Ave, Alameda.
- 10am-1pm: Learn how to fish for an hour (all gear is provided). Spaces available every half hour; sign up at the Fishing Trailer (both adults and kids are welcome – it’s Free Fishing Day in California).
- 11am & 1pm: Cooking Demonstration – chef’s will be on hand preparing delicious Bay fish.
- 2-3pm: Family Nature Fun – Fish Fun! – Discover the finned, gilled, fish-filled underwater world with games, crafts & other activities!
- 3-3:30pm: Fish Feeding – Ever wonder what fish eat? Find out what’s for dinner for the creatures of the visitor center aquariums!